Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Self Deprecation

Ten. Ten minutes went by since the start of the hike to the ski mountain. A few of my buddies were with me, and we were excited for an outstanding day of shredding. One thing came in the way of this day, and it was this treacherous walk.

The condo was a half hour walk to Attitash, not exactly a bad walk. The inclimate weather that day destroyed our moods, and any hope for an easy walk. The snow piled up after a while, and we had to break out the ski goggles because of high winds and heavy snow.

Halfway to the mountain, my mother and her friends pulled up next to us in her Grand Caravan. She asked; "do you guys need a ride? We finally finished breakfast." I was furious that my mom HAD to come halfway through our excursion. All my friends happily jumped in the van, and I was not about to join them. I responded; "Mom, I'm not going. I'm just gunna walk the whole way." She replied; "suit yourself. You still have like ten minutes. Why not just hop in." I said; "I'll just catch you guys at the mountain."

The walk was tedious, with windey New Hampshire roads. One thing I realized was how much of an idiot I was, and how I was rude to my mother. Walking to the base of the mountain all I could think about was how I needed to apologize and find my mom and friends. Everything went smoothly and we were all good for a day of skiing. As it turns out, I forgot my gloves, and I have the worst luck in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment